- This event has passed.
Webinar: Introduction to IP
8th February 2017 @ 10:30 am - 11:15 amFree
Time: 10:30 – 12:00 pm (Central European Time; UTC+1) – the webinar session will open 15 minutes before the official start
Host: European IPR Helpdesk
Speaker: Michele Dubbini
Level of Expertise: Entry/Intermediate
This webinar will provide you with an introduction to basic concepts and definitions of Intellectual Property (IP) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Additionally, participants are given a first overview of existing practices and processes related to IP management.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
• What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
• What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
• Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? Which are the first steps to be taken?
• What IP protection can I use (e. g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
• To which institutions can I turn for help?
• What do different IP titles cost?
• How do I perform basic IP searches? Which tools exist?
• What does counterfeiting mean?
• How can IPR be enforced?
• What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar will be offered free of charge.
Registration: Registration will open on the 18th of January.
For further information on how to join our webinar sessions, please have a look at our quick guide available for download below. For our web-based training sessions we use WebEX Conferencing Technology. We would like you to take note, that you will be asked by WebEx to install a browser application (i. e. the WebEx event center) on your computer when you use WebEx for the first time. This will only take a few minutes, but just for you to have this step in mind, and to possibly inform your system administrator.
PDF icon EU IPR HD – Webinar Quick Guide 2016.pdf