- This event has passed.
Cross-Cutting Marine Opportunities in Horizon 2020
7th January 2016Free
The Marine Institute will host a one day event for marine researchers and SMEs looking at cross cutting opportunities in Horizon 2020 (AM) and the Interreg Atlantic Area Programme (PM).
• How to Write a Competitive Proposal for Horizon 2020 – Dr Seán McCarthy
The aim of this half-day course is to train researchers, research managers and research support services in writing professional and competitive proposals for Horizon 2020.
• Describes the relevance of Horizon 2020 to EU policies
• Common problems in proposal writing and the success criteria for proposals.
The course provides tips on how to collect information, how to select strategic partners and how to avoid duplication in proposal writing. The final section describes a strategy for proposal writing.
• Interreg Atlantic Information Session – Michael O’Brien (NWRA)
The INTERREG Atlantic Area Programme 2014-2020 was adopted by the European Commission on November 17th 2015. The Programme will provide €140m in support from the European Regional Development Fund to assist transnational co-operation projects across four eligible thematics:
• Innovation and Competitiveness
• Resource Efficiency
• Strengthening the territory’s resilience to risks of natural, climate and human origin
• Enhancing Biodiversity and the Natural and Cultural Assets.
Five member states of the EU will benefit from the Programme ( Ireland, Portugal and designated regions of France, Spain and the UK.) With a strong marine tradition, the Atlantic Area Programme will provide significant funding opportunities for marine co-operation frameworks in each of the four eligible thematics which will also complement many of the strategic priorities of the Atlantic Action Plan.
There will also be opportunities for advisory meetings with National Contact Points in the afternoon (TBC). Meeting rooms will also be available for breakout sessions if required.
Agenda will follow and timings.
Registration Closing Friday 18th December 2015. To register and for further details please checkout the link below: